P/T Research Intern Vacancy
28 September 2011
The Peru Support Group is currently seeking a part-time intern to assist with a variety of research projects in our office in Finsbury Park. The intern will make a real contribution to our organisation and gain valuable experience of working in the third sector.
The role will likely involve:
• Researching and writing articles for our website on issues including human rights, economic development and social conflict.
• Preparatory research for an upcoming publication on the impact of informal gold mining in the country.
• Writing content for an education pack, targeted at university students, on a high-profile torture case.
• Monitoring local media sources and drafting monthly news summaries.
• Other research and administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate will be educated to at least degree level, have a working knowledge of Spanish and excellent research skills. A demonstrable interest in our campaign areas and / or Latin America is also a prerequisite for this role.
The intern must be able to work, either remotely or from our London office, at least one day per week for a minimum three-month period. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a salary for this role, but lunch and travel expenses within central London will be reimbursed.
To apply, please send an unedited writing sample (maximum 3,000 words) and CV to email@example.com before 5:30pm on Friday 14th October.